Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Twilight books....

Ahhh Twilight...what can I say?! I am embarrased to admit I am a huge fan of the entire series. As a matter of fact I managed to read all the books (6-700+ pages each) in a matter of 2 weeks. This is no small task when you have twin toddlers at home.
The books are like an addiction. I was a crazy person. All I could think about was Edward and Bella...Oh my, what will happen next?? Like a bad soap opera..the books suck you in and don't let go.
Now mind you I am a 35 year old woman. (This is gettting embarrasing) I had Edward fantasies. I started comparing my husband to Edward. I would think "Edward would help me do the dishes, wash the dog, wipe poopy butts." Why is my husband just sitting on the couch?
It gets worse...I saw the movie twice. Me and fifty 14 year old girls...sitting in the theater...all squeeling with joy and anticipation. My (male 40) friend told me only two types of people go to see the Twilight movie. "Teen girls and Cougars...I'll let you figure out which one you are." I reply "A COUGAR?!...At 35??"
Whatever....that is a whole different story.
My point is I love Twilight...and I will not hide it any longer. They are fun books. They are an escape. They give us the fairytale we all want to hear. In the hectic life of a mom....what the heck is wong with that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment