Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grandma's House


So the twins are at Grandmas house for 4 days. They are on "spring break" at pre-school. (Ridiculous I know...spring break at 3 years old. Next year it will be Cancun...ha) Anyhow...yes, 4 days of freedom. What have I been doing with all my free time you may ask? Nothing...but that is a story for another day.

So 2 days have passed. I called today to talk to my little darlings and see how it is going. My son jumps on the phone and starts talking about all the wonderful things he is doing with grandma. He has visited the neighbor, fed the cat, walked to the park, gone to Wal-Mart 4 times...all very exciting when you are 3. I congratulate him on his fantastic adventures and ask to talk to his sister. It goes something like this: (Mind you she is 3 years old)

Grandma: Come to the phone, It's momma.
My kid: No, thank you.
Grandma: (laughing) It's your momma, talk to her.
My kid: Silence
Grandma: Here, take the phone.
My kid: I don't NEED the phone Grrrraaaanndmaaaa. (walks away)
Grandma: (When she finally stops laughing) Guess she doesn't want to talk to you.
Me: Well, at least she said "No, Thank you"

So on the one hand I am thrilled she is so happy at Grandma's house. It is a little vacation for her. A chance to see some new things and new places. On the other hand she could at least take 5 minutes out of her busy day to talk to her own mother!! Ohh..I had a good laugh over that one.

1 comment:

  1. XD Omg she sounds like a treat! She's going to be a fun teenager is she won't even call home now!

    ReplyDelete